Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Homebuilder Partnership Manager will be located in Atlanta, GA with regular travel throughout Orchard’s Georgia market. You will help Orchard deepen its alliances with existing homebuilders at a local and regional level. This role reports to Orchard’s Manager of Business Development.
As a Partnership Manager, your primary responsibility is to drive new revenue for Orchard. A great candidate for this position enjoys building new relationships, and thinking creatively about how to influence large organizations. You’ll work closely with our homebuilding partners to roll out new marketing and engagement strategies while supporting our shared clients. This person will have the opportunity to collaborate with Orchard’s many teams (including Underwriting, Customer Experience and Brokerage) to drive lead conversion. The right candidate will be friendly and organized with a proven ability to build trust-based relationships, and know how to combine strategy and execution to exceed business goals. This role offers uncapped earning potential. Duties include:
- Lead homebuilder sales presentations and clearly communicate Orchard’s value proposition
- Educate sales associates on how to use Orchard as a tool to drive sales and new business
- Manage and build relationships with sales associates in an assigned territory
- Be the first point of contact between homebuilders and Orchard, leveraging phone, text, email and onsite visits
- Execute new strategies to increase lead generation, optimize conversion and grow relationships
- Work closely with Investment Analysts, Home Advisors and our Customer Experience team to convert pipeline
- Be comfortable working in the ambiguity and shifting priorities that come with an early stage startup
- Manage marketing collateral and resources across partnerships
- Be a champion for Orchard throughout the housing industry!
- 1-2+ years in outside sales, business / corporate development, or management consulting
- Real estate experience preferred
- Track record of success in quota driven roles
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Willingness to adapt to homebuilder’s schedule and work various hours as needed, including nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize work based on business and operational need
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done
- Drive to deliver results, strong work ethic; appropriately persistent
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening and customer empathy
- Excels at cross-functional teamwork & communication
- Low ego