Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
The Operations Manager will be located in Austin, TX, leading the day to day operations and will report to Orchard’s Head of Title Operations. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the title & escrow experience delights our sellers and buyers from post-contract to close. This is a full-time, salaried role.
The ideal candidate for this position is exceptionally customer-centric with the stamina to build new processes that improve performance in a dynamic, fast-paced, ever-changing environment. This person will be a creative thinker who is capable of strong problem-solving and improving the customer experience through the creation and execution of process, automation, and tooling. This person is also a seasoned leader with deep expertise in Texas state-level title and escrow rules and regulations, preparation of closing documents, and post-closing requirements.
This is a hands-on role partnering with an early-stage company. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with change, welcomes innovation, and is always willing to roll up their sleeves on any task big or small in order for us to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers. You are someone that works with a sense of urgency at all times and believes in doing what’s right for the customer consistently. In this role, you will:
- Manage escrow team members’ quality of work, adherence to procedures, and timely progress of all business functions to hit deadlines
- Deliver best-in-class closing services to our clients, and achieve targets/metrics and planned objectives; effectively communicate with customers by telephone and written correspondence
- Monitor internal processes and procedures to ensure best practices are maintained, and identify areas of organizational risk and non-compliance
- Build and track reports, QA processes, and training materials to meet and exceed SLAs required of a high performing team; provide visibility into business status to ensure completion of all necessary tasks
- Evaluate, improve, and develop systems for escrow team to increase efficiencies, and eliminate errors while always considering the impact on the customer experience
- Leverage playbooks, scripts, coaching, Service Level Agreements, and performance management to ensure consistent, repeatable execution
- On-board, and retain exceptional escrow team members in-line with the growth of the business to deliver consistently exceptional customer satisfaction
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Contract Operations, and Engineering to promptly troubleshoot and resolve any issues in the Title process to avoid delays in the client engagement timeline
- Maintain necessary documentation for reporting purposes
- Gather and synthesize customer & internal feedback
- Build a culture of open and direct feedback
- 3+years of experience working on and managing a title, escrow and closing team for single family residential real estate transactions
- Preparing closing disclosures, escrow agreements, and other settlement documents; processing and closing files
- Contract and regulatory adherence
- Demonstrated track record of communicating & effectively partnering with realtors, lenders, mortgage brokers, and clients
- General document processing: surveys, sales contracts, insurance certificates, HOA, etc.
- Receipt and disbursement of funds
- Deep understanding of TX state-level escrow rules and regulations enforced by Texas Dept of Insurance
- Experience using ResWare and/or Qualia software platforms to manage title/escrow operations
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement
- Superior customer service
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail with an unwavering high-standard for quality
- Caring and nurturing leader who strives to create solutions and provide guidance, clarity, direction, and order for the success of his/her/their team members in a positive environment
- Proven multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and manage time-based on business and operational needs and urgencies
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as an opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions
- Action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast-moving environments
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy
- Strong and structured communication style, both verbal and written