Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Orchard is headquartered in New York City and has 200 employees across New York, Texas, Colorado, and Georgia. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Role & Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our growing 7-person design team to take the momentum we’ve built and run with it, ensuring that Orchard continues to build products that solve real customer problems. The products you design will be human-centered, ultimately enabling Orchard to help homeowners with the biggest financial decision of their life: the purchase and sale of their home. If you want to play a key role in scaling a new, innovative business through design, this is the position for you.
This role is responsible for contributing to the design strategy and execution of our internal platform that enables the Orchard team to deliver our service to customers. Our platform powers every team at Orchard in their day-to-day work, whether it’s valuing a home, scheduling a home inspection, tracking customer contract signing, and much much more. It’s the operating system for Orchard and this role will help contribute to its scalability as we grow our customer base and markets.
In this role you will:
- Lead the design of new products and features that support our operational workflow platform
- Translate complex ideas into meaningful, data-informed, user experiences based on in-depth research and testing
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other designers to define problems, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new features
- Advocate for the user (internal stakeholders as well as the end customer)
- Proactively solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Orchard
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years professional experience with end-to-end digital product design (research, wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups and/or high fidelity prototypes)
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on research and operational workflow needs
- Passionate about complex service/design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development
- Deep empathy for our internal and external users
- A strong understanding of interaction design concepts
- Comfortable defining success metrics and making data-informed design decisions
- The ability to clearly communicate and document your design decisions
- Meticulous, but able to iterate quickly