Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Orchard is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are hiring a Brokerage Operations Manager in our Austin, TX office. The Brokerage Operations Manager will report to the Director of Brokerage Operations and is responsible for ensuring that the contract transaction process, listing process, and the management of our “Buy & Sell” homes are handled efficiently and accurately. Working closely with various stakeholders the Brokerage Operations Manager will design, implement and improve upon our existing processes and internal resources.
- Hire, coach, and lead a growing team of Transaction Coordinators supporting our brokerage agents
- Develop methods for tracking and auditing performance of Transaction Coordinators responsibilities (listed below)
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders on Orchard’s Contracts, Title, Agent, and Accounting teams to build, document, and refine processes across the operation
- Act as a point of escalation for all operational expectations during the “Buy and Sell” process
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage multiple projects at different life cycles, with many moving parts for various agents
- Proven experience driving a team’s performance through individual coaching and creating both documented processes and tools via technology
- Proficient with technology such as Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite.
- Candidates must be organized, resourceful and detail-oriented, with a friendly focus on customer service
- Managed a team of up to 15 direct reports
- Minimum 4 years of experience in similar field or capacity
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Previous residential real estate experience preferred
- Bachelors degree
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage timelines for yourself and others
- Scrappiness to accomplish big goals as part of a small team, with comfort around ambiguity
- Own the results of the team and focuses on continuous improvement
- Collaborative team player who enjoys working cross-functionally across an organization
- Skilled people manager that knows how to develop a team
- Low ego, with the ability to take feedback and iterate quickly
You are willing to work alongside your direct reports to understand the nuances of their role while also managing your team's results. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable in ambiguity and willing to roll up their sleeves on any task big or small in order for us to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers. You are someone that works with a sense of urgency at all times. If that sounds like something you’re excited about, we want to hear from you. There is an opportunity for this person to take on additional responsibility with the company as we scale our operations.
Responsibilities of Your Team
- Remotely support our team of in-market Local Market Experts (San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, Colorado, Atlanta ) to manage and coordinate all aspects of our Buy & Sell real estate transactions
- Drive time-sensitive, detail-oriented tasks from executed contract to close (for both sell-side and buy-side) with a focus on creating the best experience for our customers:
- Create contracts and amendments
- Coordinate closings with the title company and lender to ensure collection of all appropriate documentation to complete closing in a timely manner
- Ensure all required documents are signed, scanned, and saved for closing and mailed out, as needed
- Monitor and validate disbursement and receipt of funds and fee payments
- Start/stop utilities as needed
- Track all progress on each transaction in our CRM systems
- Regularly update and maintain communication with all involved parties in the transactions, such as, Title agencies and/or loan officers to ensure a smooth closing
- Be the person that tackles whatever-comes-up to help us deliver an amazing home selling/buying experience for our customers
- Properly enter, update, and close out listings in each market’s MLS as well as the Orchard website for all properties
- Write copy and produce marketing flyers highlighting the features of each home
- Coordinate with Local Market Experts and/or customers to schedule photography and manage necessary editing to create our online listings
- Ensure we have all documentation needed for a listing (i.e. Seller’s Disclosures, survey/T-47)
- Work with Local Market Experts and/or customers to ensure all our homes are ready to be listed for showings and also to be conveyed to our new home buyers
- Administrative duties, to include copying, scanning, filing, making/answering phone calls and sending/receiving emails