Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 100+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
- Remotely support our team of in-market Local Market Experts(San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin) to manage and coordinate all aspects of our Buy & Sell real estate transactions
- Drive time-sensitive, detail-oriented tasks from executed contract to close (for both sell-side and buy-side) with a focus on creating the best experience for our customers:
- Create contracts and amendments
- Coordinate closings with the title company and lender to ensure collection of all appropriate documentation to complete closing in a timely manner
- Ensure all required documents are signed, scanned, and saved for closing and mailed out, as needed
- Monitor and validate disbursement and receipt of funds and fee payments
- Start/stop utilities as needed
- Track all progress on each transaction in our CRM systems
- Regularly update and maintain communication with all involved parties in the transactions, such as, Title agencies and/or loan officers to ensure a smooth closing
- Be the person that tackles whatever-comes-up to help us deliver an amazing home selling/buying experience for our customers
- Properly enter, update, and close out listings in each market’s MLS as well as the Orchard website for all properties
- Write copy and produce marketing flyers highlighting the features of each home
- Coordinate with Local Market Experts and/or customers to schedule photography and manage necessary editing to create our online listings
- Ensure we have all documentation needed for a listing (i.e. Seller’s Disclosures, survey/T-47)
- Work with Local Market Experts and/or customers to ensure all our homes are ready to be listed for showings and also to be conveyed to our new home buyers
- Administrative duties, to include copying, scanning, filing, making/answering phone calls and sending/receiving emails
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage multiple projects at different life cycles, with many moving parts for various agents
- Strong organization and scheduling skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficient with technology such as Microsoft Office and Google Apps. Experience with other real estate technology preferred (i.e. MLS).
- Candidates must be organized, resourceful and detail-oriented, with a friendly focus on customer service
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar field or capacity
- Previous residential real estate experience required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Scrappiness to accomplish big goals as part of a small team, with comfort around ambiguity
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage timelines for yourself and others
- Collaborative team player who enjoys working cross-functionally across an organization
- Low ego, with ability to take feedback and iterate quickly