Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 100+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose
Role and Responsibilities
Exciting opportunity to join a new, venture-funded business at the ground floor and play an instrumental role in making the home selling experience easier for our customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling in a new, innovative business this is the right role for you.
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience managing and supporting IT equipment and services. Our team exists both in offices and on the road making business critical decisions on what homes to buy and optimizing our selling experience. A background working on and deploying remote or mobile devices is a plus.
In this role you will:
- Deploy and maintain a hybrid environment of Windows/Mac/Linux computers.
- Help to ensure the stability and security of the devices we have deployed
- Track and manage sending and receiving the hardware we deploy to our employees
- Create and maintain IT best practices within Orchard to ensure we can scale your team as the company grows.
- Experience managing remotely deployed devices.
- 4+ years hands-on IT Support experience.
- 2+ years experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- Experience supporting Macintosh OS 10.12 or later
- Experience supporting and administering SaaS applications. We use many, including GSuite, Office365, Slack, Dropbox, Jira, and 1Password
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem