Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 100+ employees company-wide. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Perch has developed a home selling experience that brings control and convenience to homeowners. By harnessing the power of data science, technology, and human-centered design, we’ve developed a seller experience that delivers a market price offer for your home in 24 hours with the ability to close at a time of your choosing. No home showings, no repairs to do, no contingent offers, no fear of the offer falling through before closing. It’s the way a home sale always should have worked. For home buyers, we’re pioneering a new category of homes: Certified Pre-Owned. We renovate the homes we purchase to make them move-in ready and offer a warranty. Buyers can close in a matter of days all online – no paperwork.
The Head of FP&A will be a critical member of the Perch team, located in New York, NY. This position will report to Sean Roberts, Chief Financial Officer / Head of Finance and Real Estate, and it will have broad responsibility for driving the Company’s strategic finance areas, including: financial planning and analysis (forecasting/ unit economics/ evaluating new business opportunities), reporting and business intelligence, and capital markets / investor relations (equity and debt).
As the Head of FP&A, you will:
- Collaborate with Perch's CFO and broader executive team, other finance functions, underwriting/investments team, and operational teams across the company.
- Lead a team of 4+ FTEs (currently); team will continue to grow as the company scales
- Thought partner with executive team to lead business case and scenario analysis to drive intelligent decisions which inform company strategy
- Be responsible for maintaining the company’s financial model and unit economics for presentation to internal stakeholders, the Board and investors
- Partner with the CFO/ Head of Real Estate (and many other stakeholders) to ensure all operating and financial metrics are properly defined, monitored, and being met. You (and your team) will monitor both asset-level and market-level KPIs/metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and help operating teams develop initiatives to optimize them
- Oversee annual budgeting process and long-term strategic planning from a financial perspective
- Lead team that develops and maintains financial forecasts for the business and tracks key variances, changes and opportunities in actual results vs forecasts
- Lead team that generates, maintains and automates financial and operational reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with our internal Accounting team on monthly close process, financial reporting, and preparation of GAAP financial statements; work with the CFO and Controller to define and implement best practices for financial management and reporting across the Company
- Be actively involved with capital markets activities, including equity fundraising and debt financing; closely involved with the CFO and CEO
- Be a champion for Perch!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field. MBA preferred, but not required
- At least 7+ years professional experience. 5+ years within FP&A function or private equity/growth equity/ venture capital investment background preferred
- Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles
- Proven ability to build & manage high performing finance teams
- Experience developing highly complex financial models and developing reporting packages, preferably at a high-growth company
- History of successfully leading business case analysis and planning processes which set strategy through a financial lens, then tracking the plan to report on its progress over time
- Experience participating in debt & equity financing processes is preferred
- Proven track record of success in exceptional goal achievement
- Experience working in a technology-driven environment.
- Exceptionally advanced Excel and financial modeling skills; strong PowerPoint skills
- Proficiency with a business intelligence tool (ideally Looker)
- You think like an investor: Capable of high-level strategic thinking (seeing the “bigger picture”) while simultaneously being able to dive into granular details -- all through a quantitative, financial lens
- You execute like an entrepreneur: High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills with relentless attention to detail backed by a data-driven mentality. Genuine intellectual curiosity
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and strong leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal). Can run processes and meetings independently
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as opportunities to build new solutions
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members (at all levels of the Company) in a hands-on management capacity
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs. Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work under high pressure and to meet deadlines
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”