Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities:
Orchard is seeking a Licensed Real Estate Agent in SAT to be part of a company that is bringing a new approach to residential real estate. This is a full-time, salaried role with equity package. Critical expenses are covered (RE dues, mileage, etc)
As an Orchard Buying Specialist, you will play a key role in assisting buyers in their home search by showing them homes within their desired search criteria and beyond. You will work hand in hand with our Orchard Home Advisors and Listing agents to show current clients homes and potential customers Orchard owned homes. This is a great way to get into real estate, get out to show homes and learn the market and start a career with a growing real estate company that is changing the industry.
This is a hands-on role at an early-stage company. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and willing to roll up their sleeves to ensure they’re delivering excellent customer experience. This role will provide mentorship and future growth opportunities. In this role you will:
- Communicate diligently with rest of Orchard team to ensure the highest level of service to buyer clients during showings
- Finding homes that meet buyer clients’ criteria
- Working with buyer clients to refine their needs and wants based on seeing homes
- Assist the lead agent by identifying homes that meet the criteria as specified by the lead agent after the lead agent has completed a needs analysis
- Promptly return all buyer client telephone calls, texts and/or emails.
- Assist the Orchard Home Advisor/Listing agents by showing homes to buyer clients
- Hold Open Houses on Orchard inventory homes
- Provide an excellent customer experience
- Active Texas agent’s license with strong understanding of TREC guidelines
- Familiarity with the San Antonio Market
- Driver’s license and car
- Willingness to adapt to client's schedule and work various hours as needed, including nights and weekends (for home tours/showings)
- Personable with a customer-first mentality
- Highly organized
- High motor, low ego
- Scrappy: able to come up with a solution that gets the job done today
- Excels in ambiguity
- Excels at cross-functional teamwork & communication
- Professional in attitude and appearance
- Possess the ability to connect with a variety of personalities
- Enthusiastic with excellent people skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Be a team player who thrives working with a tight-knit company where their activities directly affect the bottom line
- Ability to spend a large amount of time driving in their car
- Ability to analyze clients’ needs and wants and match them to homes