Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S. $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life’s biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 120+ employees. We have raised $250+ million in financing from top tier investors including: FirstMark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Perch is seeking a Head of Product Design to join our team. This is an early-stage opportunity to join a company that is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes.
The Head of Product Design will work closely with our product and marketing teams to develop products that delight our customers and enable our internal teams to deliver amazing customer experiences. The ideal candidate will be an evangelist for human-centered design and ensure the customer is top of mind whenever we design products and experiences. The right candidate will balance that with a highly practical approach and a bias for action. We need to manage the balance of research and thoughtful design with the realities of a fast-moving industry.
This role is based in NYC and reports to the Co-Founder/Head of Customer Experience. The Head of Product Design will manage a team of 4 product designers to start. This is a full-time, salaried role with equity package.
The ideal candidate will excel in these areas:
- Business Savvy - ability to understand our business and identify opportunities within real estate ecosystem to drive innovation and impact. Possesses great business judgment.
- Customer Focus - uses customer research and insights to drive decision making and design choices. Possesses deep customer empathy.
- User Experience - your design superpower will be focused on user experience and concepting ways to solve a customer problem and ways to delight a customer.
- Team Leadership - creates a culture of creativity and driving results. Brings out the best in people, helps develop team, and hires exceptionally well. Drives cross team collaboration
- Bias for Action - we are a company that makes informed decisions quickly. You will be an active participant in product strategy discussions and must be comfortable in a very fast-paced environment.
- Lead design strategy for our Customer-facing products that make buying and selling their home a breeze. Lead design strategy for our Platform products that enable our internal team of real estate agents, home inspectors, transaction coordinators, home renovators, and more to drive profitable and scalable operations.
- Partner with product team to identify product features and functionality related to business objectives
- Balance multiple product streams, prioritize, and work well under pressure in a fast-moving working environment.
- Inspire, lead and mentor the Product Design team. Establish the highest standards for the design team in terms of design and accountability – and motivate through pursuing greatness everyday.
- Foster design thinking grounded in customer research and analytics
- Run design sprints as needed to drive to optimal outcomes
- Ensure UI for products we ship with Product and Marketing to are consistent with Perch design standards in terms of visuals and voice
- Build a culture of consistent user feedback and testing that can be actionable to designers
Required Skills / Experience
- At least 7+ years prior design experience in a B2C business
- UX design background
- Experience working in growth stage business
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on consumer needs and research
- Appreciation of brand design and the belief that products shipped must represent the brand with consistent visual identity and language
- Experience managing and hiring high-performing design teams
- People describe you as:
- Having high standards
- Strong drive for results
- A great collaborator
- Having a low ego