Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Revolution, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role & Responsibilities
The Senior Product Manager will join our Platform team to help us deliver on our vision of building the most efficient real estate transaction platform in the industry. In creating that platform, we enable our sales and operations teams to consistently delight our customers. The scope of this role extends across multiple homegrown and licensed products with the goal of figuring out how to seamlessly solve customer problems across these technologies.
In this role you’ll work on projects ranging from supporting new market launches to creating industry-first automations of real estate tasks and everything in between. You’ll partner with a talented and experienced team of NYC-based product designers and engineers to build products that make a meaningful impact on Orchard’s success and allow us to deliver on our mission. Reporting to the Head of Platform Product, you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to understand how automation and product can enable us to scale 5x while still consistently delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Build foundational components of the technology platform that underpins Orchard’s sales and operations teams
- Regularly make “build,” “partner,” or “buy” decisions regarding how best to support our evolving and rapidly growing business
- Grow and maintain our increasingly complex infrastructure, including quarterbacking our migration to a service-oriented architecture (SOA), designing APIs so our 1st and 3rd party systems can programmatically share information, and ensuring our tech stack keeps our business on the cutting edge
- Define, track, and report on product KPIs that drive product decisions and measure success
- 5+ years experience in product management
- A track record of taking ownership of large projects, including identifying what those projects should be in the first place
- Demonstrated experience in cross-team collaboration: working effectively with highly technical engineering teams as well as salespeople, operational teams, and senior leadership
- Strong analytical capabilities, experience defining metrics and using them to drive decision-making
- Experience building and managing internal-facing products a plus
- Start-up experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across an entire organization
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions
- Appreciates that process serves people, not the other way around
- Highly empathetic with a constant drive to deliver the best possible user experience
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Low ego and focuses on outcomes that help drive the business forward
- Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Must be driven, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches