Perch is a NYC-based startup on a mission is to transform the way people buy and sell homes by bringing the convenience, simplicity, and ease of best-in-class retailers to one of the most frustrating consumer experiences.
We're backed by top-name investors with a team of 10 and growing. Our beta site is live right now at perchhomes.co (our newly branded site will launch in late Q1).
We're seeking a Growth Marketer to join our team to help us drive customer acquisition. This role will encompass paid media and advertising across online and offline channels, funnel optimization, building partnerships that drive top-of-funnel, and everything else you/we identify that will drive customer acquisition. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role at an early-stage, fast-growing startup. You will get exposure to all elements of marketing/growth in this role including paid customer acquisition, growth product initiatives, and general marketing. It’s early days here which means we all get our hands dirty in wherever the greatest area of need is. This role reports to the CMO/co-founder, Phil.
You'll love this role if:
- You love the idea of running digital customer acquisition campaigns across AdWords, Facebook, remarketing, and other channels. If you’ve managed these channels before, great, we’re excited to be able to draw from that experience. If you haven’t, that’s ok, but it means you’re excited to dive in and start testing/learning fast.
- You are excited to manage offline channels that drive top-of-funnel and customer acquisition including direct mail, radio, TV, and out-of-home.
- You like learning-by-doing and getting hands-on experience.
- You are passionate about growth-marketing and customer acquisition.
- You are excited by the idea of digging into Google Analytics and 3rd party analytics platforms to dig into the 'why' behind results of campaigns you run.
- You want to be the 'right hand' to our co-founder/CMO and partner to drive growth for the business. You'll get exposure to all elements of growth marketing as well as other marketing- related tasks that we need help with as a scaling startup.
You'll love working at this company if:
- A culture of high-drive, low-ego appeals to you. We are a team of humble, focused, driven team members. We're looking for more people who want to work in that environment.
- You want to be hands-on and creative. The path to getting the job done will often mean finding scrappy (inexpensive) solutions to problems fast.
- You want to build a great business. This is the stage company where there's not a set playbook on exactly how to solve each problem. It's exhilarating and challenging. You're confident you want that.
- You want to be a part of something. You enjoy being a part of a team and appreciate that team wins are what we work towards.
You're the right candidate if you are:
- Analytical - you are numbers-oriented, experienced in Excel and pivot tables, and like digging into data.
- Curious - you don't just summarize data, you review it and ask 'why?' and then dig for the answer.
- Creative - you understand that great advertising is found at the intersection of superior targeting and strong creative. You can write basic ad copy and care about the quality of what we put in-market.
- Relentless - you have an internal drive to do great work and move fast to drive results
- Detail-oriented – while we will be moving fast, the details matter. It's how we stay cost- efficient, on-budget, and on-message.
- Open to Feedback – you want to learn and appreciate feedback on how to grow in your role
- Kind - you treat others with respect, consistently.
We expect the right person for this role has 1-5 years of professional experience, ideally in marketing, consulting, product, or banking. We are open to scoping the role in different ways depending on the level of experience of the candidate. If this role excites you we definitely want to hear from you.