At Perceptive Automata we use our understanding of human behavior, computer vision, and machine learning to make autonomous vehicles safer for people on and near the road.
Our growing Advanced R&D team spearheads the exploration and prototyping of cutting-edge software techniques that feed into our production pipeline. The results of these efforts impact a wide range of projects throughout the organization including in-vehicle perception and prediction, model training and evaluation, data analysis, and simulation.
In this role you will be responsible for a variety of projects related to training and analyzing our core models as well as pushing them into production.
Strongly Preferred Skills & Background
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 2-5 years building software for commercial or research purposes
- Strong Python and/or C++ programming skills
- Strong communication skills -- both written and verbal
- Experience training Convolutional Neural Networks on large-scale image and video datasets.
- Specific experience with Deep Learning including some of the following:
- Applying Deep Learning to any of the following areas: Action Recognition, Action Detection, Tracking, Detection, Pose Estimation, Depth Estimation, Semantic Segmentation, Instance Segmentation, Multimodal Learning, Multi-task Learning.
- Training generative models
- Researching explainable Deep Learning.
- Scaling Deep Learning frameworks to distributed systems for hyperparameter optimization and neural architecture search.
- Optimizing the performance of Deep Learning models for constrained hardware.
- Experience developing a commercial AV stack would be great but isn’t strictly required
- Previous contributions to research efforts with publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Year-End week-long shutdown, 3 weeks paid vacation & 11 holidays
- 100% Premium paid health insurance
- Monthly transit or parking benefit provided by Perceptive Automata
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Health care reimbursement account (50% or more of your deductible covered by Perceptive Automata)
- Eye & dental insurance
- Flexible maternal & paternal leave
- Equity-based compensation
- Efficient 401K plan
- Modern urban office space with natural light and greenery
- Lunch provided daily by local Union Square Restaurants
- Unlimited healthy snacks & beverages
- Journal clubs, guest speakers & learning opportunities
- In-office gaming, board games & books
- Office lending library
- Company outings
- Diverse events organized by team members on an ad-hoc basis
Perceptive Automata is a machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard and MIT scientists that is developing a novel approach to help make autonomous vehicles safer for others on (or near) the road. We are supported by top Silicon Valley investors and global car makers and are growing rapidly in response to increasing demand for this technology.