The Technology Manager is responsible for training and assisting teachers to integrate technology into the classroom. The Technology Manager at People’s Prep supports a strong program of computer education. The Technology Manager also provides general technical support for students, faculty, and staff. All People’s Prep teachers and staff serve as models for our students by bringing to life our core values.
Qualifications and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related field.
- Urban school-based work experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems and software applications commonly used in schools (Windows, Mac, Google Enterprise Administration, Swipe K12, SIS platforms like PowerSchool, Schoolrunner, etc.).
- Firm commitment to and belief in People’s Prep’s mission.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in communicating with diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively and prioritize strategically.
- Openness to feedback and willingness to take personal responsibility.
- Lead the development of adequate technology use policies and coordinate the implementation and enforcement of school policies.
- Assist staff in addressing issues and concerns related to the use and implementation of technology.
- Serve as the school’s primary contact for addressing all network, hardware, and software issues.
- Coordinate the distribution and maintenance of computer hardware, software, and all related classroom technology.
- Perform all functions and procedures necessary to install and maintain school network hardware and software.
- Configure workstations and devices as needed, and perform maintenance of all hardware, software, and network infrastructure.
- Maintain an inventory of technology and report details to Operations Manager/School Business Administrator as needed.
- Provide training and support of staff in the use of technology for professional and classroom use.
- Support teachers and operations staff in the selection and purchase of resources compatible with the school’s technology infrastructure.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure maximized efficiency and effectiveness of school data systems, including Powerschool, Schoolrunner, and other software that collects and reports student academic data.
- Collaborate with School Leaders to develop and implement a long-term technology plan, including managing the e-Rate process with an external consultant and identifying strategic investments to support teaching and learning.
- Perform other non-instructional duties as assigned and/or as needed per the direction of School Leaders to support the mission and vision of People’s Prep.
People’s Preparatory Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.