PeopleDoc is on a mission to revolutionize how every HR function provide services to their employees.
Our unique “state of the art” HR Service Delivery platform provides HR teams with the tools they need to provide great services while considerably decreasing the manual work behind the scenes and allowing companies to go paperless in their administration.
The PeopleDoc HR Service Delivery platform helps HR teams more easily answer employee requests on demand, automate employee processes, across multiple locations.
PeopleDoc serves more than 1000 clients with employees in 180 countries in 12 languages. PeopleDoc is now a part of Ultimate Software. Ultimate Software is a Leader for Cloud HCM Applications.
More information is available at www.people-doc.com.
We are looking for a Junior Engineering manager to lead a team of software engineers (4 to 10 people) and support them in their effort to progress and learn, so that we can improve both our products and the way we work.
You will be an integral part of the team, with engineers, testers and product manager, and you will have one mission: bringing our product to life. In that mission, you will receive support from other roles such as tech specialists (DBA, SRE, DevSec), UX designers and agile coaches.
This office-based (Paris) people manager position will report to an Engineering Line Manager.
In this role you will :
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback. (some team members are in full-remote)
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner, Agile team and Principal engineer in project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics).
- Connect with other engineering managers and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives.
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via non-technical skills mentoring and performance management.
- Recruit, manage and retain talent.
What you'll bring along :
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members.(1-2 year)
- Experience building and working in high-performance Agile software development teams (Scrum / Kanban methodologies).
- You have already handled large scale projects with multiple cross-team dependencies and interactions.
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work.
- You are pragmatic and have strong organizational skills.
- You are customer-centric, willing to daily improve customer use.
- Language skills: English professional proficiency.
What we offer :
- Create the environment and process that enables highly effective teams to deliver the best that they can via your leadership
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment