Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software, PeopleDoc, and Kronos, uniting three award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Job Description/ Job Summary:
SREs at PeopleDoc are all parts of a Tribe, which role is to define best practices, evolve the technological stack, share the SRE culture.
The mission of a SRE at UKG is to secure, administrate and maintain the production infrastructure as it were a software, you will contribute in building our fault tolerant, highly scalable and low latency services on virtual and bare-metal servers over data centers in different regions of the globe. We are looking for a Software Engineer with a combination of strong skills in modern software development and sysadmin knowledge.
Remote workers are welcome too!
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Design, code and maintain the cloud infrastructure hosting UKG services
- Collect and monitor KPIs (availability, response time, time to deploy) and ensure that they meet our SLAs
- Lead the scalability & capacity planning strategy
- Work with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues
- Team player with good communication skills
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Java or Go) and modern software development practices
- Experience in automation tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet or Chef) and CI/CD principles
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS, GCP or Openstack) and its APIs
- Good Linux system administration skills (DNS, RabbitMQ, Redis or HAProxy)
- Good Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Linux routing and firewall)