PeopleDoc is on a mission to revolutionize how every HR function provide services to their employees.
Our unique “state of the art” HR Service Delivery platform provides HR teams with the tools they need to provide great services while considerably decreasing the manual work behind the scenes and allowing companies to go paperless in their administration.
The PeopleDoc HR Service Delivery platform helps HR teams more easily answer employee requests on demand, automate employee processes, across multiple locations.
PeopleDoc serves more than 1000 clients with employees in 180 countries in 12 languages. PeopleDoc is now a part of Ultimate Software. Ultimate Software is a Leader for Cloud HCM Applications.
More information is available at www.people-doc.com.
Job Description/ Job Summary:
Sr Accounting manager is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting & Tax functions of
International operations (currently 4 subsidiaries in Europe – France, Germany, Uk, Spain) of Ultimate
Software Group and managing a team of 9 people with the help of 3 team leads - Accounts receivables
team (4 people), accounts payable team (2 people), general ledger & tax team (3 people). General
Accounting team is based in Paris & operates as a shared services center for all subsidiaries of
International Operations of the Group.
Sr Accounting Manager reports to Sr Director of International Finance & works closely with the Director
of FP&A in order to assure a timely & accurate monthly closing (D+4). His/her second reporting line is
Corporate Controller of the Group, based in Weston, FL, USA. Travel to Weston headquarters is to be
expected 2-3 times per year.
Sr Accounting Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls
that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is
prepared in compliance with all financial policies, local statutory requirements as well as US GAAP for
consolidated financial package.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Oversee the general accounting function, which includes: AR, AP, general ledger, tax
declarations, inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, balance sheet
management, R&D tax credit (CIR) follow up & calculation, capitalized software follow up and
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules as well as
contributing to the establishment of sales practices, optimizing cash collection & fast revenue
recognition. Involves significant interaction with Sales and Customer Service groups.
- Manage/Lead month-end, year-end closing activities and special projects as necessary
- Control that regulatory fillings and records are maintained
- Coordinates and oversees controlling activities relative to internal controls documentation and
testing and segregation of duties.
- Assist in local audits as well as Group audit (for International operations perimeter)
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all International operations’
entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of
meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued
development of these associates.
- a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Corporate Finance &
- Min. 10 years of experience in accounting
- Min. 5 year of management experience
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts, processes & controls
- Knowledge & experience of work either in IFRS or US GAAP environment
- Experience of working in an international company is a plus
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Good accounting software user and administration skills, Netsuite or Microsoft dynamics
knowledge is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast growing environment, requiring adaptability, & open to constant change
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to work autonomously
- English : Fluent