PeopleDoc is on a mission to make the difficult job of HR easier. The PeopleDoc HR Service Delivery platform helps HR teams more easily answer employee requests on demand, automate employee processes, and manage compliance across multiple locations.
PeopleDoc cloud solutions include case management, process automation and employee file management. 100% software as a service, PeopleDoc solutions integrate with existing HR systems, can be implemented in 8-12 weeks, and are designed for agile ongoing use by HR teams serving diverse workforces. PeopleDoc serves more than 500 clients with employees in 165 countries in nine languages with a 100% customer retention rate. More information is available at www.people-doc.com.
* PeopleDoc HR Document Management
* PeopleDoc Employee Portal & Case Management
* PeopleDoc HR Shared Services
* PeopleDoc Employee Onboarding
Job Description/ Job Summary:
Location: Paris / Remote (France, Germany, UK)
At PeopleDoc we are in the process of rolling out new user interfaces across our solutions. To support this, we have spent the last 3+ years building, validating and deploying a design system of components and design patterns.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Convert existing HTML/CSS/JS components into WebComponents , using stencil.js
- Maintain and improve the design system toolchain
- Develop new components in response to feedback/briefs from UX designers and product owners.
- Improve, extend and refactor existing components in line with design, development and accessibility best practices
- Improve the documentation and organisation of the design system
- Review the code of your colleagues
- Help the team automate and scale by writing automation scripts and tools
You will have:
- Knowledge or experience of consuming or building design systems
- A good understanding of web components - how to build them, their advantages, limitations and disadvantages
- Experience building or improving project toolchains
- Vanilla JS knowledge
- Understanding of accessibility best practices and how to apply them
- Knowledge of GIT or equivalent
- Experience participating in and contributing to code review
- A high attention to detail
- English language skills.
- Well developed time and task management skills, with the ability to prioritise your workload in line with business objectives
It would be a bonus if you also have:
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS, including:
- An understanding of HTML semantics
- Knowledge of CSS methodologies (BEM, SMACSS etc.) and why they are important
- Proficiency in CSS preprocessors (we use SASS)
- Experience working with new CSS techniques (flexbox, grid, etc.)
- Experience working within an agile development environment
- French language skills - the main office is located in Paris and most employees are French speakers
Formal educational qualifications in computer science are viewed favourably, but not essential. More important is your proven capacity to solve problems and deliver excellent code.