Financial Analyst internship
Position in based in Paris office
PeopleDoc is on a mission to define a new generation of employee experience in
Adopted by many of the world’s top companies, PeopleDoc’s cloud-based HR Service Delivery platform empowers employees to quickly and easily access relevant HR information while providing HR organizations with the tools to be more effective. With offices in the U.S. and Europe, PeopleDoc currently serves more than 1000 customers globally and was recognized in 2014 by Gartner as a Cool Vendor in Human Capital Management. PeopleDoc is fueled by innovation and positioned to become the leader of the HR Service Delivery space.
Job Description/ Job Summary:
PeopleDoc SAS is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance team in Paris for at least 6 months, ideally 12 months. The Financial analyst intern is in charge of creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of the company’s future operations. They are also involved in comparison analysis of historical results against budgets and forecasts (costs analysis per department, revenue analysis per type of revenue, source of revenue, bookings transformation analysis). He/she performs variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward.
Finally, the Financial analyst intern is involved into integration process, following PeopleDoc acquisition by Ultimate Software.
As part of this integration process, he/she is required to actively participate in:
- FP&A process alignment between PeopleDoc & Ultimate Software
- expansion of mother company’s financial planning tool
- communication of new procedures & process within management population
Day to day tasks will include to:
- Update input information into forecast model (headcount, costs, revenue),
- Perform Actuals versus budget & Actuals versus forecast gaps analysis,
- Contribute to a preparation of financial presentations for Internal direction
- committees, Country managers, etc
- Prepare historical data analysis for reporting or integration process needs
- Respond to any analysis requests from the management & direction (local & headquarter’s level)
- Participate in budget compaign & quarterly closing planning & preparation
- Open/close/modify access to FP&A tools (currently Anaplan) as well as to Netsuite (for expense reports, R&D time tracking) The successful candidate will possess the following required
- Master’s degree (Bac +5) in Accounting, Finance or equivalent. An experience in Software Development, Computer Hardware, and understanding Financial Planning & Analysis is a plus.
- Min 1 years of professional experience,
- Capacity of handling and intelligently analyzing a mountain of different types of data and data evaluation metrics,
- Creative problem solver, with a natural or cultivated talent for financial
- analysis, modeling, and forecasting,
- Strong organizational and time management skills,
- Proficient in Excel: mandatory,
- Fluent in French and English