Penumbra brings privacy to proof-of-stake, allowing users to transact, stake, swap, and marketmake without disclosing their personal information, account activity, or trading strategies to the entire world – while still permitting selective disclosure to appropriate parties. Working at Penumbra Labs is a unique opportunity to work on exciting problems and build new financial infrastructure, and offers a collaborative work environment and a meaningful stake in the creation of a new protocol.
This role will be focused on supporting and accelerating this development effort, by building infrastructure to deploy test networks, and by building infrastructure to observe, inspect, and debug the software as we develop it.
- Support Penumbra Labs engineering team with best-in-class system tools, instrumentation, and processes
- Increase the level of automation and test coverage of code base
- Apply SRE principles to the Penumbra system
- Expand and maintain CI/CD pipeline
- Expand and maintain observability infrastructure: tracing, metrics, and other introspection tooling
- Maintain system operations of testnets, relayers, and other software
- Work with relayer and validator partners, being the main point of contact for these systems during routine operations as well as issue resolution
- Expertise with Linux, including security aspects, networking and virtualization
- Expertise with container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Digital Ocean, Azure, etc.
- Infrastructure as code mindset: Experience with configuration management (e.g. Ansible) and cloud orchestration (e.g. Terraform)
- Proficiency in designing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Proficiency of at least one programming language, preferably Rust
- Experience monitoring with Prometheus/Grafana is a plus
- Enthusiasm for distributed systems and cryptography
- Ability to navigate working autonomously and proactively, collaborating with a distributed team and network stakeholder partners
- Ability to debug complex systems running in uncertain environments, experience with site reliability practices including incident response and postmortem analysis