Penumbra brings privacy to proof-of-stake, allowing users to transact, stake, swap, and marketmake without disclosing their personal information, account activity, or trading strategies to the entire world – while still permitting selective disclosure to appropriate parties. Working at Penumbra Labs is a unique opportunity to work on exciting problems and build new financial infrastructure, and offers a collaborative work environment and a meaningful stake in the creation of a new protocol.
Penumbra Labs is hiring for a Director of Operations to own the organization's operational functions: general administration, operational strategy, HR, finance, accounting, etc.
- Establish org-level processes and supervise the company's day-to-day operations;
- Work with the CEO to ensure that the operational strategy supports the company's goals;
- Act as the CEO's chief of staff when necessary;
- Own the HR function of the organization, including setting organizational policy with the CEO, coordinating recruitment, and managing the internal employee review process;
- Oversee the finance infrastructure and functions, including financial modeling, payroll, bookkeeping, and coordination with external accountants and auditors.
- Passion for the company's mission of creating decentralized, private financial infrastructure;
- Proven experience running many aspects of an organization;
- Ability to wear multiple hats and keep track of internal functions;
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency;
- Experience managing external relationships, ideally with auditors and accountants;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
This job is remote, but you are ideally located in the SF Bay Area.