Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of PENN Entertainment (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
What’s the team like?
Our UX team is reimagining the sports fan experience. We’re made up of curious, driven, and high-performing product designers and researchers, all collaborating openly to translate ideas into reality. As one of the first UX Researchers on the team, you will have opportunities to learn, grow, and explore various product areas, while also helping shape the practice. We’re looking to cultivate a team of UX researchers with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, who thrive in open-ended spaces, and want to drive impact, big or small. We value team-work, creativity, and the open-ness to try new things, even if they don’t always work out.
What’s in it for a UX Researcher like me?
As a UX Researcher, you’ll live, breathe, and advocate for UX research across Penn Interactive. You’ll be leading diverse UX research projects, while closely collaborating with product designers and product leaders. You’ll be challenged to think outside the box, and grow in areas that you value. You’ll actively shape how we think, conduct, and grow UX Research within our rapidly growing product organization on a daily basis.
Big Picture Opportunities About the Role:
- Ample opportunities to lead generative and evaluative research, on some interesting topics that can REALLY change the sports media/betting experience
- Work within a highly collaborative and open-minded UX team, who consistently strive to ship the best experiences for our users
- Co-create the research practice (people, process, things) alongside UX and Product leaders, as well as how we work/think with our stakeholders
- Opportunities to flex your skills and experiences from previous industries and/or roles to not only innovate our product, but also how we do research
- Opportunities to learn new skills and engage in thought leadership, inside and outside of the organization
- Identify creative and engaging ways to share research, both actively and passively
What might my day-to-day look like?
- Plan, Conduct, and Implement quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Build research artifacts (ie. archetypes, experience blueprints, design principles, etc)
- Analyze field data and translate them into clear, compelling narratives that inspire action and change to diverse audiences
- Craft and Conduct workshops and/or ideation labs, with internal and external participants
- Build strong relationships with product teams, research partners, and leaders
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers and PMs on iterative research projects
- Evaluate and optimize research-related processes and tools
- Add to existing research library and find new ways to share UXR outcomes with others
- Participate in conferences, courses, and activities to enhance UXR skills
What We’re Looking For From You
- 2+ years experience in a dedicated research role, or a research focused role in UX
- Experiences with leading research within a multidisciplinary project team
- Skilled in both generative and evaluative research methods, and are looking to explore new ways to uncover human behaviours and decision-making
- Ability to discover and articulate research opportunities and user problems
- Experienced in scoping/planning out research projects - selecting the right approaches for the right job
- Engaging storytelling skills that capture and distill complex insights in a meaningful way for diverse audiences
- Ability to see the big picture and hold a deep understanding for the influences between UX Research, business strategy, and societal trends
- Comfortable working autonomously and proactively, while also being able to adapt to shifting circumstances
(Extra nice-to-haves, but not necessary)
- An understanding of Web, iOS and Android patterns and conventions
- Skills in quantitative data analysis
- Adjacent industry experience (ie. media, gaming, entertainment, retail, etc)
- Experience mentoring and guiding others through HCD thinking and practices
Recently being recognized as a top workplace in the United States, we believe people work their best when they can be themselves. We are looking for hungry, innovative thinkers to help us challenge the status quo of the gaming industry. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are vital to all of our processes, programs, and structures. Your story, who you are, and your experience matter here.