Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of PENN Entertainment (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
About the Role & Team
The Licensing Analyst will report to the Compliance Licensing Manager, while supporting the Penn Interactive Compliance Department in the rollout of ESPN Bet in new states. This position will play a key role in our occupational licensing and state reporting process, as well as provide support/analysis for Compliance projects.
About the Work
As a key member of our Compliance team you will:
- Review, submit and maintain all occupational licensing processes for Penn Interactive.
- Prepare state licensing guides, instruction sheets, communication, and fingerprinting processes to support our internal business partners.
- Complete required state reporting and conduct analyses on reportable data to ensure Penn Interactive compliance.
- Provide administrative support and field questions for internal business partners on all state occupational licensing processes. Research licensing requirements by jurisdiction and resolve any potential issues or concerns.
- Interpret and comply with state gaming agency regulations and legislation, determine action required in consultation with the Compliance team.
- Ensure timeliness, completion and accuracy of state occupational licensing application submissions and reporting submitted on behalf of Penn Interactive.
- Effectively manage regulatory tracking and reporting.
- Organize internal schedules for calls and meetings.
- Provide detailed notes for calls and meetings to both internal and external parties.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Develop and document new processes.
- Anticipate and identify issues that may negatively impact business and work with other parties (internal and/or external) to develop and implement solutions.
- Assist the Compliance team with various time sensitive projects.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in business or similar field.
- Less than 3 years of work experience within a similar role. Experience in the gaming business is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must effectively communicate and display excellent follow through to ensure the achievement of personal and company objectives.
- Must be a team player willing to help others while also fostering their help in return. The role will collaborate and work closely with internal team members on the Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Marketing and Product teams.
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities while ensuring successful completion of all items.
- Ability to understand and adhere to any regulatory standards and changes.
- Skilled in gathering and interpreting relevant data and information.
- Able to apply responsibilities to everyday business situations with minimal direction and prioritize effectively.
- Analytical skills essential. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare detailed reports with a high degree of accuracy. Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to manage time efficiently.
- Results oriented, goal oriented and self-motivated.
- Must be able to develop and maintain cordial and professional relationships with all levels of the business.
- Flexibility to shift priorities, changes in technology, responsibilities, processes, and organizational structure.
- Employees must be able to qualify for gaming licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
The role will help lead various parties (internal and external) to understand timelines and deliver critical components to the overall business objectives.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and communicate an extensive variety of instructions. Ability to conduct proper research and provide those findings to appropriate parties thereafter.
Proficient using Microsoft Office products; specifically, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook, and have experience working with the Internet.
Certificate, Licensing and Registration
Must meet any state occupational licensing requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is expected to travel 10% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
Recently being recognized as a top workplace in the United States, we believe people work their best when they can be themselves. We are looking for hungry, innovative thinkers to help us challenge the status quo of the gaming industry. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are vital to all of our processes, programs, and structures. Your story, who you are, and your experience matter here.