Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of PENN Entertainment (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
We are seeking a motivated, passionate and experienced Director of Product Design to join our team. Your primary responsibilities will be to lead a team of highly talented managers and designers to help shape the design vision of our products. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a passion for design, a deep understanding of user-centered design principles, and the ability to execute on complex projects.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the product design team to realize the vision and strategic objectives of our UX practice.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders and stakeholders to define and prioritize strategic initiatives for the company.
- Inspire and coach a team of managers and product designers through the full product development lifecycle, while consistently upholding our design standards and driving innovative solutions.
- Be the champion for Product Design and advocate for its value across the organization through collaboration with researchers, product manager, engineers and various stakeholders.
- Help steer the team in the right direction to deliver high-quality, successful solutions based on data and research.
- Build a best-in-class UX team by recruiting and retaining top design talent.Forecast headcount, tools, and social budgets for the year.
- Foster a team-oriented, safe and trusted environment for every individual and thoughtfully consider opportunities to improve team and organizational processes.
- Other duties as required.
What We’re Looking For From You
- 3+ years in a Design Leadership role building a high-performing design team and high-quality products at scale.
- 7+ years of experience in Product Design, having a background in building B2C mobile products in an agile environment.
- Prior design management experience in an agile environment, with a proven track record of managing effective teams of 10+ Product Designers.
- Ability to seamlessly flip between the language of business and design, setting meaningful goals and objectives for your team, while advocating for important design decisions to company leadership
- Experience with establishing and adhering to UX processes and design thinking History of diving into the research and analytics to help define the direction of the product.
- Excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills, with the ability to critically think and solve problems with cross-functional teams, and always considering the business side of design to further the strategy of the company.
- Experience in creating a positive, inclusive, and collaborative environment for designers to do their best work.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others
Recently being recognized as a top workplace in the United States, we believe people work their best when they can be themselves. We are looking for hungry, innovative thinkers to help us challenge the status quo of the gaming industry. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are vital to all of our processes, programs, and structures. Your story, who you are, and your experience matter here.