Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of PENN Entertainment (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. Through our partnership with Barstool Sports, we are hoping to continue to launch our online sportsbook and iCasino across the US. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
As a Risk Analyst, we will depend on you to be the gatekeeper of our deposited funds and to proactively review gaming accounts to ensure player legitimacy and mitigate fraud.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Analyzes player behavior, interpret facts from the evidence shown, draw conclusions based on this review, and communicate your findings.
- Analyzes and interprets suspicious behavior.
- Identifies trends in withdrawals and deposits where players may be attempting to circumvent state and/or federal reporting protocols.
- Serves as first point of contact for player claims of multiple-accounting, identity theft, responsible gaming, and unauthorized account usage.
- Carefully monitors, prepares, and reviews fraud reports for escalation to Compliance.
- Completes applicable workflows to meet player satisfaction criteria.
- Liaise with Player Experience Associates whenever heightened Know Your Customer (KYC) checks are needed for suspicious players.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School diploma required. College degree or progress toward a college degree preferred.
- Experience in iGaming, online sports, or banking is highly preferred.
- At least one year of experience in an analytical role involving fraud detection and risk reviews.
- Demonstrable experience in a highly regulated and compliance focused role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain a friendly disposition under pressure. Some players may be frustrated when they contact us.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Communicate to various audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The primary office location for this position will be located in Cherry Hill, NJ.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Position requires licensing in applicable states that PI operates, which is subject to change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
This position is expected to travel 10% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Recently being recognized as a top workplace in the United States, we believe people work their best when they can be themselves. We are looking for hungry, innovative thinkers to help us challenge the status quo of the gaming industry. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are vital to all of our processes, programs, and structures. Your story, who you are, and your experience matter here.