We believe a great employee journey begins the moment you walk through our front door. We expect our office assistants to create and support a professional, high-quality, well organized, and comfortable work environment for our employees and guests. We care about all the little things that can turn a good day into an amazing day, and we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for details. In this role, you will ensure that Pendo's Raleigh office runs smoothly, and provide a friendly and professional experience for our employees and visitors, as well as lend support to our UK executive team. The best candidates for this role will thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change quickly and gracefully, create and maintain order, pro-actively seek constant improvement, obsess over small details but proactively see the big picture, and wield a sense of humor. This position is based in our London, UK office.
- Provide administrative support in a variety of functions to Managing Director, including: maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, travel, conference rooms, catering, and other logistics as necessary
- Support broader office, including but not limited to event planning/coordination, external meetings, team building activities and community events
- Work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals and groups applying the 'whatever it takes' attitude
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge and understanding of the company’s operations and business objectives
- Manage day-to-day office operations while creating a safe, professional, welcoming environment for guests and employees; including maintaining community spaces, provision supplies, snacks and catered lunches.
- Staff the reception desk during standard business hours, and answer, screen, and promptly forward main office phone calls
- Manage facility vendor contracts, communications, UK office experience budget, and relationships to ensure accurate, prompt, and cost effective rendering of services.
- Work closely with the global office experience team to plan, coordinate, and streamline routine tasks to ensure a similarly consistent, and orderly presence in all offices.
- Process, receive, and deliver daily mail/deliveries/couriers, including processing paperwork for domestic and international shipments
- 4+ years of experience in office administration or similar equivalent.
- Customer service skills, proactive mindset, and professional demeanor
- Knowledge of office operations, facilities management, and event facilitation
- Experience managing calendar and travel schedules for VIP executives and guests
- Experience with current office software systems including G-Suite, Trello, Coupa and Expensify or similar software
- Knowledge of global office management best practices including international shipments, calendar scheduling, travel arrangements, and managing executive needs
- Experience in a startup or a high-growth, demanding work environment
- Self-starter with a strong sense of independence and ability to self manage
- Ability to be resourceful, proactive, efficient, and innovative when issues arise
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment with speed and grace under pressure
- The willingness and ability to learn new things quickly and respond to feedback
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.