Organization Description (Sales, EPD, Marketing, Finance, Legal, etc)
Pendo is looking for an Accounts Receivable Accountant who will be responsible for the collections of our invoices, customer onboarding, and reconciliation of AR related accounts. This position has excellent career growth potential as the company has been growing significantly.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist reports directly to the Accounts Receivable Manager and will work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Legal. S/He will play a pivotal role in meeting the cash flow targets.
- Review contracts, generate, and send out invoices
- Record receipts accurately and timely in the General Ledger
- Perform administrative tasks related to onboarding new customers
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts and identify solutions
- Provide excellent customer service to Pendo’s external customers, responding to any inquiries within a timely manner
- Communicate status of collections and escalate any issues with customers to Finance and the Customer Success organizations in a timely manner
- Conduct analyses of AR aging to identify overdue and delinquent accounts
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledgers
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Accounting background (1-2 years), CPA a plus!
- Experience in collections (preferably in a SAAS organization)
- Experience in account reconciliations and sales tax compliance
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Software knowledge: Excel & Google Sheets, Gmail, Salesforce (a plus), Intacct (a plus), Avalara (a plus
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.