Pendo is the leading product adoption platform that helps companies create better software experiences for their customers and their employees. The Pendo Platform provides Analytics, personalized In-App Guides and Feedback capabilities for both mobile and web applications for product owners as well as enablement teams looking to understand their users' behaviors and drive digital adoption.
As a Sr. Sales Engineer at Pendo, you'll play a critical part in our customers' - and Pendo's success!
Sr. Sales Engineers are the trusted technical advisors for our prospects during the pre-sales process. They are responsible for marrying the technical aspects of Pendo to business challenges and value. An ideal Sr. Sales Engineer has a strong technical background, and can use this knowledge to map technology solutions to business challenges. They are inquisitive, curious and enjoy solving problems.
You will drive and manage all technical, solution and competitive aspects of the sales cycle as a partner to our sales team. You will sell to enterprise director, VP and C-level executives on the "art of the possible" with Pendo, and secure a technical win with technology stakeholders.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Collaborate with Account Executives to uncover business and technical challenges related to product adoption and analytics
- Deliver sales presentations which Articulate Pendo's capabilities and technology to prospects
- Run demonstrations of Pendo aligned to a prospect's needs and challenges
- Scope and manage proof of concept evaluations, including installation, troubleshooting, hands-on workshops and training
- Solve for common (and uncommon) technical challenges to integrating and using Pendo in prospect's applications
- Address our prospects' technical questions on how Pendo's technology works and on security and privacy considerations
- Advise on how to best implement and integrate Pendo into 1st and 3rd party applications
- Provide feedback and escalate deal-blocking issues to product and engineering
- Respond to RFI/RFP/Security documentation requests
Qualifications (what you have):
- 5 + years of Mid Market / Enterprise software selling experience
- Empathy for, and a maniacal focus on customers
- An excellent ability to craft and deliver sales and technical presentations
- Familiarity with integrating SaaS application data integrations (REST APIs, data flows, etc.)
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution
- A strong sense of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced startup environment with multiple roles
- Willingness to travel
- Previous consulting experience implementing enterprise class software solutions
- In-depth knowledge of Product Management
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits covered 100% by Pendo
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.