Pendo is looking for a Sales Engineer for Mobile.
Pendo is the leading product adoption platform that helps companies create better software experiences for their customers and their employees. The Pendo Platform provides Analytics, personalized In-App Guides and Feedback capabilities for both mobile and web applications for product owners as well as enablement teams looking to understand their users' behaviors and drive digital adoption.
As a Sales Engineer for Mobile at Pendo, you'll play a critical part in our customers' - and Pendo's mobile product success!
Sales Engineers are the trusted technical advisors for our prospects during the pre-sales process. They are responsible for marrying the technical aspects of Pendo to business challenges and value. An ideal Sales Engineer for mobile has a strong technical background, and can use this knowledge to map technology solutions to business challenges. They are inquisitive, curious and enjoy solving problems.
In this role, you will act as an overlay and deeper level of sales support for all segments of our market, convincing executives of the technical merits of the solution. This role will work in conjunction with Sales, Engineering, and Product Management, to be the technical bridge between our Account Executives, their prospects, and our mobile development team. This is a unique opportunity to be our second mobile sales engineering specialist, helping shape our mobile go-to-market within Pendo.
- Sell the mobile product! (You will join calls with Account Executives and other Sales Engineers to assist with mobile demonstrations and technical conversations.)
- Be the expert in Pendo mobile, able to articulate our capabilities in the context of customer needs and business value
- Manage and lead proof of concept evaluations of the Pendo mobile offering
- Provide training to SE’s and AE’s on how to demonstrate existing and new mobile features
- Contribute reusable assets such as demo sites and scripts, competitive material, and reusable POC assets
- Handle in-depth technical questions and troubleshooting during meetings and via email as they relate to implementing and using Pendo’s mobile solutions
- Work closely with Mobile Product Managers and Engineering to:
- Provide feedback based on market needs of mobile
- Learn about and help evangelize newly released mobile functionality
- 3+ years of development, consulting, professional services or sales engineering experience working directly with mobile applications.
- Strong working knowledge in one or more of the following: Java, Kotlin, Objective C, Swift, Xamarin, Flutter, or React Native.
- Familiarity with mobile development and release practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or coding academy in a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced startup environment with multiple roles.
- Passion, people skills, and ability to collaborate with a team of sales professionals you support.
- Mobile SDK experience
- Knowledge of product management as an industry
- Start-up experience and/or working with a global team
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits covered 100% by Pendo
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.