Sr. Sales Engineer - Partnerships
SF, NYC, Raleigh
Pendo is looking for a Sr. Sales Engineer for channel partnerships
Pendo is a market leading provider of digital adoption, product analytics and customer feedback solutions. As a Sr. Sales Engineer at Pendo you’ll play a critical part in our customers’ - and Pendo’s - success!
Sr. Sales Engineers are responsible for all product-related, technical, and problem/solution aspects of our sales cycles, in this case specific to our channel partners program. This role has particular focus on enterprises who have large investments in ServiceNow, Microsoft, Salesforce and other 3rd party enterprise solutions, who are in need of analytics and digital adoption solutions.
You will sell to director, VP and C-level executives on the technical merits of Pendo’s solution, and own the relationship with technical stakeholders in the sales cycle.
This role will work in conjunction with partnerships, sales, marketing, product and engineering, to be the technical expert and liaison between Pendo and our prospects.
While dedicated to our channel partners, this role will report into our Enterprise Sales Engineering organization.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Collaborate with Partnership and Sales teams on deal strategy, identifying potential business value and delivering demos and sales pitches of our product
- Be the expert that articulates Pendo capabilities in the context of customer needs
- Conduct customized product demonstrations, that engage buyers and tie the value of Pendo to their business challenges
- Manage and lead proof of technology / concept evaluations of our platform, including gathering requirements, scoping and supporting installation and troubleshooting
- Interact directly with prospects to uncover and address any technical, privacy and security-related requirements and concerns
- Contribute to reusable assets such as demo sites and scripts, competitive material, and POC assets leveraged by the sales engineering function
- Identify requirements for, and support prospects in understanding how to implement Pendo to work seamlessly inside 3rd party software like ServiceNow, MSFT Power Platform and Salesforce
- Track and raise feature requests
- Provide feedback to product, engineering, and marketing teams at Pendo based on market need
Qualifications (what you have):
- 3+ years experience as a sales/solution engineer selling to enterprise customers
- Prior experience working directly in the ServiceNow and/or Microsoft Power Platform/Microsoft Dynamics 365 and/or Salesforce ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience mapping RFI/RFP requirements to software solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills.
- Experience scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
- Superior solution scoping abilities, using our existing solution and influencing new product development.
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced startup environment with multiple roles.
- Willingness to travel
- Passion and people skills
- Previous consulting experience implementing enterprise class software solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Product Management
- Technical certifications earned in the: ServiceNow and/or Microsoft and/or Salesforce technical ecosystems
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits covered 100% by Pendo
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.