Every day, Pendo’s flagship analytics platform processes over 4 billion events and creates over 225,000 data analytics results. Every hour we ingest over 100 million web and mobile events. Then in a fraction of a second, we query hundreds of terabytes (or more) of data in order to respond to our users’ actions—allowing users to discover valuable insights about their products. We are currently looking for an experienced Back End Engineer to join our Engineering Team.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do:):
- As part of our back-end team, you will be working on our platform for collecting, analyzing, and displaying all of the product usage information we have learned.
- We have built everything in Node.JS and Go on Google’s App Engine platform, and we need engineers who can make sure our technology scales. We’re handling Hundreds of millions of events a day and that number just keeps going up. You’ll work with App Engine, Google’s Datastore, BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage, and whatever other interesting platforms Google opens up.
- We are looking for developers who find collecting, organizing, aggregating, and analyzing lots of data, in near real-time, with ever-changing queries an exciting challenge. We are passionate about rapid development, continuous testing, and constant improvement
Qualifications (what you have):
- Applicants should have 4+ years of experience building large-scale Backend infrastructure in a modern programming language (such as Go, Java/ Scala, JS).
- Experience in cloud environments is a must, experience in Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- A strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools is a plus.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL - Advantage.
- Fluent English
- Enthusiastic for learning new technologies and seeing a task through from start to finish.
- Highly motivated, product-driven developer, looking to make an impact on millions of users.
- An open-minded and flexible person that can fit into our culture of constantly improving our product and methodologies
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.