Pendo is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Sheffield office! You can expect to be working on one or more of Pendo’s products, including Pendo’s analytics and Feedback products. You will also be tasked with developing our engineers in our agile teams - who are focusing on building features that ship regularly to Pendo's ever-growing customer base. We don't put ceilings on growth here at Pendo; we encourage our engineers to take risks, think outside the box, and innovate - billions of software experiences depend on it! Our engineers in Sheffield would benefit from a manager who is technical and has the ability to focus on coaching and development.
- Manage a team of 5-10 software and quality engineers building the Pendo product.
- Drive delivery of key product features using an Agile framework.
- Own the career development of your team
- Onboard new engineers
- Ensure engineers make good design decisions
- Ensure engineers build scalable, performant systems
- 3+ years of managing a team of 5+ engineers
- Recent (less than 5 years ago) hands-on technical experience writing code or designing complex systems.
- Demonstrated ability to weigh competing requirements and influence a product roadmap.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and enable a technical team to deliver high quality software
- Demonstrated ability to build an effective software development team
- Demonstrated ability to Understand and influence technical decisions
- Demonstrated ability to Coach SW engineers on technical growth
- Working practical knowledge of any of the following: Google Cloud Platform
- Hands-on front-end software development using modern frontend frameworks such as React, Vuejs or Angular,
- Hands-on backend development in Go, Python, Java, Ruby, C#, or similar.
- Startup or small company experience
- Ability to pivot quickly and bring the team along with you
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.