As a Customer Success Advisor you will drive success and growth in Pendo’s most complex customer base, supporting unique B2B and B2E use cases to drive digital adoption in an industry agnostic portfolio. As an extension of the customer, you will partner closely and serve as a trusted advisor to drive critical business outcomes. This role sits within Pendo’s Enterprise success team, composed of the most seasoned individual contributors in Customer Success.
Customer Success Advisors own the customer journey end to end, fostering exceptional long-term executive relationships and leveraging deep business and industry knowledge to inform how customers accelerate value & ROI using Pendo. Leveraging change management and governance principles you will assist customers in orchestrating discrete initiatives across multiple business units and stakeholders while laddering up to critical business objectives. This role is deeply cross-functional and requires high accountability and diligent execution.
The ideal candidate will possess both a consulting background and enterprise SaaS experience.
- Be proactive and accountable for managing a designated customer portfolio, delivering on quarterly portfolio retention and expansion metrics
- Partner with customer executives to build a comprehensive success strategy that aligns with their strategic business initiatives and outcomes
- Enable business impact and innovation to a customer’s business by understanding customers’ key business issues, opportunities and ROI metrics
- Leverage strategic relationships and deep customer knowledge to expand into new use cases and position additional Pendo products in a timely and relevant manner
- Lead and execute on a multi-threaded account relationship strategy to grow a network of champions and executive sponsors
- Develop and implement meaningful engagements that drive customer business outcomes and successful execution of use cases to foster account growth
- Collaborate closely with sales leaders to establish and execute strategic account planning processes and strategies, develop financial targets, and map critical milestones for a 1-2 year period
- Instill a laser focus on product adoption, customer value delivery, and advocacy such that customers within your portfolio become active Pendo advocates and references
- Effectively oversee portfolio health overall - proactively identify and communicate risks and opportunities as needed and resolve escalations quickly
- Bring deep experience with change management and governance principles to create objectives and orchestrate complex processes that involves large numbers of discrete initiatives across multiple business units and stakeholders
- Establish cross functional relationships across Pendo to bring in technical experts, success managers, executive sponsors, product managers and strategic programs to transform the customer’s business
- Navigate large organizational structures to identify & build key relationships
- Influence crucial conversations at C-level with strong objection handling techniques
- Client facing experience within a SaaS software company is required, additional non-SaaS experience a plus
- Ability to interact with enterprise customer teams at various levels of technical and non-technical depth within complex large organizations
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Finance, Product, Sales, Support, Revenue Ops) to provide Voice of the Customer
- Strong knowledge of product analytics and related business processes
- BA/BS or MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience in Customer Success, Account Management, or Sales
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS is a plus
- Consulting background is a plus
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.