The Analytics and Insights Team strives to give customers insight into the engagement of their product(s). We do not own a product area but instead focus on the vision of how to gain this insight across our product suite. We bring this to life by adding Core Events, Product Engagement Score and Report Email Subscriptions. We will continue this effort by adding the ability to drill into the different pillars of the product engagement score and by adding the ability to define what it means for a user to engage with your product/feature in a meaningful way.
The candidate will work collaboratively with the team, especially design and product, to bring to life the vision of the latest analytics to provide additional tools for our customers to use in gathering insights into the use of their products. We focus on delivering insights/analytics in an accurate and performant way through the use of existing frameworks, writing performant queries, and/or the creation of custom components and charts. Cypress automation and unit tests will be used to ensure the stability and reliability of the code base as all new features are developed. The candidate will also have the opportunity to engage department wide though the participation in front-end, quality, and/or Cypress automation guilds and company wide through participation in any of the affinity groups.
Deliverables (what you’ll do):
- Design maintainable, reusable, and flexible technical solutions
- Write and improve automated tests using an automated testing framework to improve quality (such as Cypress, Jest)
- Capably and passionately work to display large swaths of queried data in elegant charts
- Drive to work on a highly collaborative team (code reviews, mentoring, pair programming, whiteboard architecture sessions)
- Actively research and contribute to best back-end practices
Qualifications (what you have):
- Over 5+ years of experience in back-end or full-stack engineering, with proficiency in a language such as C++, Go, Java, etc.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs
- Proven experience conducting code reviews, troubleshooting code and writing unit tests
- Collaborate with others to design systems that are performant
- Obtained a 4-year technical degree or equivalent industry experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- A working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Experience in cloud environments (such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with a job framework (such as cron, quartz, sidekiq)
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.