The integration and platform team’s mission is to provide innovative ways to connect Pendo to other services and platforms. We work in numerous areas of the product such as data sync integrations, webhooks, rendering data visualizations server-side, and expanding our metadata system to allow more dynamic audiences and guide targeting.
We are looking for a technical leader that has a passion for building better software for all users. We offer you a strong team with diverse backgrounds who love to build systems that scale in a collaborative environment between engineering, product, and design. The emphasis is on enabling our customers to engage with their users so they can build software that meets their customers’ needs.
You will be leading a feature team of 5-7 engineers to help build our SaaS product into a platform. Our back-end services are mostly written in Go running on Google Cloud, and our front-end is built on top of Vue.js. You will work with the product manager and engineering manager to help build and drive a roadmap for the team.
Role Responsibilities (what you’ll do)
- Partner with design and product partners on building out and prioritizing the business roadmap
- Contribute in both a tech lead capacity as well as delivering code with the team
- Pick-up and coordinate server-side rendering services for displaying images of charts
- Contribute to debugging and small stories to gain better context of our code base
- Help drive the completion of the OAuth project
- Stand-up Microsoft Teams and build a POC for unfurling on that platform
- Help grow and build team members
Qualifications (what you have):
- 7+ years of experience in back-end or full-stack engineering, with proficiency in a language such as C++, Go, Java, etc.
- Experience conducting code reviews, troubleshooting code and providing direct architecture & design decisions
- Experience building software and integrations in a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud) for Big Data applications.
- Proven leadership skills, including experience managing a small team of technologists
- Obtained a 4-year technical degree or equivalent industry experience
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.