Pendo is looking for a Sales Engineer.
Pendo's platform helps Product teams to understand how their product is being used, and to use that understanding to drive more engaged customers. As a Sales Engineer at Pendo you’ll play a critical part in our customers’ - and Pendo’s - success!
You will be responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Pendo sales cycle. You will sell to SMB executives, convincing C-level and director level executives of the technical merits of the software solution. The SE will work, in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects. The SE will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Sell the product!
- Be the expert that articulates Pendo capabilities in the context of customer needs
- Manage and lead proof of concept evaluations
- Interact directly with prospects to address any technical questions and represent the technical expertise of Pendo’s Engineering and Success teams
- Provide training for demonstrating existing and new features
- Contribute reusable assets such as demo sites and scripts, competitive material, and reusable POC assets
- Perform Pendo installations, build and troubleshoot Pendo Guides
- Track and raise feature requests
- Provide feedback to product, engineering, and marketing teams at Pendo based on market need
Qualifications (what you have):
- 3 + years of SMB software selling experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience mapping RFI/RFP requirements to software solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills.
- Experience scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
- Superior solution scoping abilities, using our existing solution and influencing new product development.
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced startup environment with multiple roles.
- Willingness to travel
- Passion and people skills
- Previous consulting experience implementing enterprise class software solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Product Management
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits covered 100% by Pendo
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.