One of the key initiatives for the US Federal Government is driving digital transformation across all agencies to better serve both citizens and federal employees. This transformation is creating considerable demand for Digital Adoption Platforms that help ensure that these new systems deliver exceptional digital experiences to both citizens and federal employees. If you are passionate about helping to fundamentally transform citizen engagement while improving the experience of the US Federal workforce, this is the role for you. You will have the responsibility to start and shape Pendo’s US Federal business which is a key growth engine for the company. This is a strategic role, and as such, will report directly to the Co-Founder/VP of Business Development.
We follow these core values:
- Practice the Art of Possible
- Commit to your Craft
- Act with Respect and Integrity
- Win as a Team
- Have Fun (Bring your best self)
The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of the US Federal market, and the proven ability to sell SaaS products into this market. We are looking for an individual that has the ability to focus on near-term success while building a long-term growth strategy for our US Federal business unit.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- You will own building a strategy for Pendo’s entry into the US Federal market initially focused on Civilian agencies
- Prioritize initial agency focus to land early logos
- Ability to build a high functioning sales team after initial customer logo validation
- Work with cross functional teams remotely to build the case and needs for the Federal market across security, products, marketing and partnerships.
- Work closely with partners and system integrators to build efficient routes to market
- Prepare and deliver executive reviews to Pendo’s senior leadership team to ensure continued alignment and progress
Qualifications (what you have):
- 7+ years experience selling SaaS to the Federal government
- Leadership experience is highly desirable, we are building and you'll be the first Federal hire.
- Extensive network with both US Federal agencies as well as the partner ecosystem
- Experience navigating FedRamp, government procurement processes, and the partner commercial ecosystem
- Hunter mentality with solid SaaS sales DNA
- History of exceeding sales targets
- Ability to build a business from a seed to a meaningful revenue stream, you will be the first hire focused on Federal.
- The ability to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations
- Bonus: Experience selling Salesforce, Microsoft, ServiceNow or other strategic SaaS platforms in the US Federal market
- Bonus: Familiarity with FedRAMP and/or Section 508 accessibility requirements
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Option to travel to Raleigh HQ frequently for team support (once re-opened)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!