The Pendo Success team is hiring a Director of Customer Operations to set and shape holistic operations strategy for the Pendo Customer Success, Technical Services, Consulting, Customer Education, and Support teams. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining the infrastructure and processes required to support the global Pendo Success team.
You will report directly to the Chief Customer Officer and lead a team of Success Operations Managers responsible for increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Pendo Success team. The ideal candidate is a proven leader in high-growth SaaS environments and has deep experience managing process improvements across multiple departments.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high-growth startup and set the tone for our Success Operations department. This is a new team and you’ll focus your efforts on hiring, building, and evolving a new department within Pendo.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor team members
- Ongoing definition, monitoring, communication, and attainment strategies for core departmental KPIs
- Guide customer segmentation strategy, account assignments and maintenance, delivery backlog, and data hygiene for customer health & revenue tracking
- Oversee project and engagement management activities
- Ensure effective and responsive scheduling for paid customer engagements
- Ownership of Success platforms and tooling (Zendesk, ChurnZero, Skilljar, and similar)
- Ensure data quality and consistency across systems
- Lead the creation of customer engagement workflows including but not limited to customer goal mapping, engagement playbooks, risk management, cross-functional coordination, and outcome optimization
- Qualification, management, and certification of delivery partners
- Coordinate and participate in strategic cross-functional initiatives related to product quality & VoC, customer experience management, marketing programs, and engagement initiatives
Experience (what you have):
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Strong experience working with cross-functional teams to achieve common goals
- Proven track record of leadership and management skills in a high-growth SaaS environment
- Prior experience managing the operations of a $150M+ ARR business
- Experience working across multiple countries and geographies
- Experience building a team of Operations Managers and Analysts
- Familiarity with international operation needs including EMEA and APAC
- An ability to go deep while also building an enduring team
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.