As part of the Pendo Success team, Customer Success Managers (CSMs) partner with customers to ensure they're receiving the support and tools needed to achieve their goals and derive business value. CSMs have an in-depth understanding of the customer's needs and seek to develop positive customer experiences, fostering relationships that support customer satisfaction and loyalty. At Pendo, Customer Success Managers are considered trusted advisors to our customers and product experts in Pendo’s technology.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a fast-paced software startup that provides a solution to accelerate growth among other product teams and customer success teams around the world.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Understand the entire customer experience, putting customers’ needs first and helping us evolve the customer journey as needed
- Develop a deep understanding of Pendo’s technology to help create customer success best practices (e.g. helping to inform standardized processes, creating presentations, reports, etc.)
- Maintain ownership of a portfolio of customers, developing relationships across a broad set of stakeholders while supporting existing teams to drive adoption and retention of Pendo across their organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with within multiple levels of the organization, including Executive Sponsors, Economic Buyers and influencers
- Conduct quarterly portfolio planning and internal account reviews to establish a clear view at least two quarters ahead of customer risks and opportunities
- Co-create Success Plans with your customers and deliver effective Business Reviews to develop a deep understanding of your customers’ business, their primary business outcomes, and tangible metrics for success
- Be accountable for enabling customers to achieve their desired outcomes, setting them up for success during critical moments of truth in the journey, as evidence over time through product adoption
- Be an advocate and voice for our customers internally and partner with cross-functional teams to facilitate successful implementation, adoption, expansion, and renewals.
- Provide internal operational support as needed - including creating or updating customer, reconciling invoicing on behalf of finance, and optimizing playbooks
Qualifications (what you have):
- You have a minimum of 4-5 years of customer success, account management, consulting, or software sales experience
- Customer-facing experience within a software company is required
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and business insights to influence stakeholder decision making
- Experience discovering key goals and steering customer stakeholders with Success Plans
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to interact with enterprise customer teams at various levels of technical and non-technical depth, and across multiple levels from end user through C-level stakeholders
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and communicating common customer behaviors to the sales, marketing, and product teams.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks (once we return to office!)
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.