The Pendo Success team is hiring a Director of Customer Education to set and shape strategy for our in-person and virtual education offerings. This role is responsible for developing and deploying the customer education strategy for Pendo.
You will report directly to the Chief Customer Officer and lead a team of trainers and content developers responsible for creating and delivering free and paid education content. The ideal candidate is a proven leader in high-growth SaaS environments and has deep experience building a high-performing education infrastructure.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high-growth startup and set the tone for customer-facing education. This is a new team and you’ll focus your efforts on hiring, building, and evolving a new department within Pendo.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor team members
- Collaborate with multiple departments to develop and progress a holistic education strategy
- Design and oversee an on-demand education infrastructure
- Facilitate the creation of human-led and virtual instructor-led certification courses
- Oversee, distribute, and evolve a digital library of content
- Create learning paths and learning objectives for Pendo customers
- Own and evolve the customer education roadmap
- Collaborate with sales and customers to build custom training programs
- Manage to Customer Education Revenue targets
Experience (what you have):
- History of building education offers in a high-growth SaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead through the establishment of a customer education capability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate excellent communication skills
- 5+ years of experience leading an education team
- Knowledge and service design experience
- Background in training, curriculum development, or similar
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.