Pendo is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance Team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will partner with the Senior Accounting Manager and Global Financial Controller to build the accounting backbone for a high-growth software company backed by top institutional VCs. This is a highly visible position and a good opportunity to help build out the finance function as the Company continues to grow.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Play an active role in the multi entity, global financial close process and preparation of month-end journal entries, reconciliations, and financial statement reporting and analysis
- Assist in building out operating procedures and controls for a growing team that will help drive IPO readiness
- Work cross functionally with FP&A, Sales, and Data Analytics
- Review the Staff Accountants work
- Support audit requests including financial statement footnote preparation
- Research technical accounting issues
Qualifications (what you have):
- B.S Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Experience: 4+ years of progressive accounting experience or combination of public / private within a SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of financial close process
- Experience in account reconciliations
- Strong systems skills
- International experience a plus
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Software knowledge: Excel & Google Sheets, FloQast (a plus), Intacct (a plus)
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.