Pendo is looking for a Director, Corporate Sales.
The Pendo Sales team has the goal of growing the business by 2x year over year. We have a team sales mentality where everyone works together toward a common objective. We are very metrics driven and hold ourselves to a high level of accountability. We follow these core values:
- Hit your number
- Work as a team
- Grow and learn
- Be exceptional
- Have fun
As a Director of Corporate Sales you will be responsible for a segment of reps selling into the corporate side of the market across the country. The team will be made up of corporate reps from territories across the company selling into companies of 200 employees or less. You will work to train new reps (many with their first sales role) to build, nurture, and close opportunities. This role will be responsible for consistently hitting a plan and forecasting to that plan. You will work directly with the SDR team to build a pipeline of promotable people. In addition, this role will be closely aligned with Marketing to evaluate MQL’s coming to the sales floor and providing a consistent feedback loop. Finally, this role must have a maniacal focus on operational efficiency and a proficiency in documentation. As a Director Corporate Sales you are accountable for creating and executing the plan to hit your team’s revenue goal and will enjoy the full assistance of the company to help you be successful. You will be surrounded by a great team of people from whom you can learn, that said, we also want to learn from you. We are looking for people in this role with a technical aptitude, and entrepreneurial spirit, who are intellectually curious and confident.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Project and forecast bookings for Pendo's Corporate market
- Build and execute strategic plan for Pendo's Corporate market
- Assist account executives in oversight and execution of their strategic plans
- Train and grow talent to advance in their careers
- Learn and demonstrate the Pendo platform to new prospective customers
- Exhibit reinforce the core values of Pendo and the sales team
- Negotiate contracts
- Assist in pricing conversations
- Participate in recruiting and hiring
- Successfully utilize and train on sales tech tools
Qualifications (what you have):
- Prior sales management and leadership experience
- 3-5 years of proven success and goal attainment in direct sales roles
- Demonstrated consistent track record of hitting goal and numbers
- Possess an understanding of SaaS financial metrics
- Previously owned and forecasted a number
- Willingness to learn in a high paced sales environment
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable
- The ability to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations
- Experience growing a SaaS company from single-digit millions in revenue to $20M+
- Bonus: Force Management methodology background
- Bonus: Entrepreneurial background
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.