Pendo is looking for a Director of Analytics to lead a talented group of centralized analysts. This role will partner with the data engineering and data science leaders to support the company’s core value of Show Me the Data. The Director of Analytics will work with each functional group to define goals and KPIs, analyze performance, and uncover insights that drive strategy and decision making. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, entrepreneurial drive, deep analytics knowledge and orientation, and a desire to mentor and develop a team of analysts.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Coach and mentor a team of high-performing analysts
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Pendo’s business, products, and KPIs
- Analyze company performance on a regular basis to highlight areas for improvement and identify new opportunities to use data to optimize the business
- Contribute to the creation and deployment of data tools that functional leaders will use to help understand the key drivers of their business and aid in decision making
- Collaborate with functional leaders to understand needs, establish goals and KPIs, and prioritize projects
- Oversee the content creation and maintenance of Pendo’s business intelligence platform and drive growth in active usage among the employee base
- Work closely with data engineering and data scientist team members to share findings, collaborate on large cross-functional projects, and develop and sustain a data-driven culture throughout the company
Qualifications (what you have):
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (Note: we are unable to provide sponsorship at this time)
- Outstanding communication, data visualization, and presentation skills
- Ability to be objective and follow the facts, cut through noise and create a story with data
- Demonstrated success of driving action and behavioral change based on data
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Team oriented with a strong desire to help others
- Strong SQL skills
- Heavy experience with modern BI tools: e.g., Looker, Tableau, etc.
- 7+ years of experience working in the analytics field
- Experience with recurring revenue-based business models
- Experience managing and mentoring analysts
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
Open vacation policy
Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
Frequent company and team-building events
Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.