Pendo is looking for a Director of Data Science to lead a talented group of centralized data scientists. This role will partner with the data engineering and analytics leaders to support the company’s core value of Show Me the Data. The Director of Data Science will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve and optimize business outcomes through the creation and deployment of predictive models throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, an entrepreneurial drive for results, deep technical knowledge, an acute attention to detail, and a desire to mentor and develop a team of data scientists.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Pendo’s business, products, and KPIs
- Coach and mentor a team of high-performing data scientists
- Lead complicated cross-functional projects starting from understanding business needs to execution and presenting to and influencing stakeholders
- Work with a wide variety of large data sources to identify opportunities and propose data-driven solutions to improve business results
- Contribute to the process of designing, building, and implementing machine learning models into production environments
- Conduct regular audits of model performance and summarize impact of results to non-technical audiences
- Regularly collaborate with functional leaders to understand needs and challenges and identify opportunities to solve problems using data science
- Work closely with data engineering and analytics team members to share findings, collaborate on large cross-functional projects, and develop and sustain a data-driven culture throughout the company
Qualifications (what you have):
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (Note: we are unable to provide sponsorship at this time)
- Outstanding communication and data presentation skills
- Demonstrated success of driving business outcomes as a result of developing and implementing production models
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Team oriented with a strong desire to help others
- Strong experience using data science tools such as R, Python preferably with experience in cloud computing (eg. AWS)
- Advanced SQL skills
- 7+ years of experience using statistical modeling and data science to solve problems
- Natural curiosity to continually learn new and emerging technologies
- Experience with recurring revenue-based business models
- Experience managing and mentoring data scientists
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
Open vacation policy
Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
Frequent company and team-building events
Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.