Pendo is preparing for explosive company growth and international scale! We are currently seeking a Sr. People Business Partner to provide strategic partnership & leadership to our Marketing & General Operations teams. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this will be a key member of the Pendo People Leadership Team focusing on driving strategies to hire, onboard, develop, and retain a diverse and engaged employee population. (Pendozers!)
This is a high visibility role required to engage cross-functionally and maintain exceptional relationships both across the Pendo People team and aligned business stakeholders. Grounded in a strong understanding of the Pendo product and business, this role is expected to influence and execute against a scalable people strategy, provide consultative support to aligned client groups, and drive development and execution of critical cyclical people programs (leadership coaching, performance management, compensation, engagement survey actions, talent and succession planning, and much more).
We are super excited for the positive impact this role will have on the growth of the Pendo business and development of our Pendo employees.
- Act as strategic partner and trusted advisor to aligned leaders and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness.
- Foster organizational health by ensuring that the organization is structured in a way that helps achieve business objectives.
- Utilize people analytics and metrics to develop solutions that address gaps and capitalize on opportunities.
- Be a role model and guide for employees. Champion, promote and demonstrate what our culture & values mean in practice.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of issues & challenges, and design and quickly implement solutions with the right level of socialization and alignment.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to help develop and spearhead people programs and strategies that enhance our culture -- including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee engagement & retention, and internal communications.
- Support organizational resilience by developing the capacity and readiness for change & growth..
- Support workforce planning, recruiting and initiatives to ensure that the short, medium and long-term needs of the business are met with an eye on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience as a strategic business partner, with strong preference for experience in high growth, VC backed startup environments.
- Track record of demonstrating horizontal leadership & influence within HR and the business to drive the culture of collaboration and accountability.
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to integrate HR and business strategies; Ability to make thoughtful & data driven decisions that thread the needle between individual and business needs.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including total rewards, org design, talent development, employee relations, performance management, compensation DE&I, people analytics, and leadership coaching.
- Exceptional communication skills; must be able to influence, build trust and motivate both horizontally and vertically.
- Track record of building, evangelizing and implementing HR programs at scale.
- Experience partnering & supporting international teams.
- Exceptional ability to context switch in the moment and creatively approach problems & challenges in finding the optimal path forward.
- Experience managing and/or mentoring employees.
- Fervent intellectual curiosity; You are interested in evolving your experience and are excited about the prospect of exploring innovative approaches to solving people and business problems.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.