Pendo's mission is to enable others to create software their users will love. We need forward-thinking, constantly curious, and engaged engineers to fulfil this mission. We strive to create an environment filled with challenges and supported by mentorship. As a software engineer at Pendo, you will have the opportunity to join one of our development teams building features that ship regularly to Pendo's ever-growing customer base. Whether you prefer to solve problems on the front end or back end of our code, your skills will be utilised, challenged, and developed on a daily basis. We don't put ceilings on growth here at Pendo; we encourage our engineers to take risks, think outside the box, and innovate - billions of software experiences depend on it!
This role is in our Sheffield, UK office. We are looking for someone to come and help us build great SaaS software in a fast-paced, fun, startup environment.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- As a Senior Software Engineer at Pendo, you’ll be at home designing scalable, flexible software; writing maintainable, secure code; and mentoring your team to help them do the same.
- You’ll have an impact across your whole team and you’ll be an integral part of code review and day-to-day engineering discussions, helping your team to overcome challenges.
- You’ll help break down large, ambiguous problems into achievable tasks, and you’ll be capable of owning large parts of a project, whilst coordinating with management and other teams.
- You’ll help your team to constantly improve and learn - by identifying problems and coming up with ideas to solve them.
- You’ll be collaborating with our teams in Sheffield, and with our colleagues in Pendo’s other engineering locations in the USA and Israel.
- You’ll have a focus on high-quality, test-driven development and you’ll help with automation of testing too.
- You’ll have a major contribution to the agile/scrum planning process within your team.
- Use your extensive knowledge of web application development and natural abilities as an innovator to drive our architecture forwards.
Qualifications (what you have):
- Applicants should have extensive experience in building large web applications in a modern language such as Go, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- A working knowledge of cloud environments such as AWS or GCP is a bonus.
- A working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases would be a bonus
- Experience with DevOps, infrastructure-as-code and test automation is an advantage.
- Experience developing and deploying in a Unix/Linux environment is a bonus
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Private Medical and Dental Benefits
- Generous Pension plan
- Bonus scheme
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.