Responsibilities (what you’ll do)
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Protect company assets with a strong system of internal controls. Develop and execute on a roadmap for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control requirements
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent to support ambitious company growth targets, maintaining a culture of excellence and ensuring the team is motivated and challenged
- Thoughtfully approach designing and optimizing financial operations processes, leveraging automation wherever possible
- Partner with FP&A and other key business stakeholders to understand financial results and accurately support the company’s forecasting process and capital allocation decisions
- Manage external audit and internal/external financial reporting requirements
- Ensure regulatory and tax compliance for a growing international footprint, evaluating and leveraging third parties or hiring internal resources where appropriate
Qualifications (what you have)
- A strong track record of progressive accounting experience with at least 7 years of management experience; big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills and high EQ
- Software/SaaS experience with subscription revenue preferred
- A deep understanding of financial operations processes, with the ability to identify opportunities for automation to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and strong internal controls
- Prior experience as a financial controller with exposure to international operations in a high growth technology company preferred
- Direct IPO experience a major plus
- Active CPA license required
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.