We are looking for a Director of Customer Success, to lead a team of high-performing Customer Success Managers in our London office to service our innovative and fast-growing customers.
This role will require a strategic approach to the customer lifecycle, a scalable approach to success, and the ability to manage relationships across a large number of customers across many verticals.
You will be tasked with ensuring our customer stakeholders accomplish their goals and effectively recognise and communicate the value Pendo brings to their organisation. You will work to execute a proactive customer engagement approach, drive a proactive tech touch strategy to deepen client relationships, and ultimately guide customers through a successful renewal.
Our ideal candidate is a strong, multi-lingual leader who has a proven track record of successfully managing customers from SMB to enterprise, has implemented successful 1:Many strategies, has a history of fostering a positive and high-performing culture while building an exceptional team!
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Act as a proactive leader, owning the customer journey, and orchestrating meaningful touch-points with customers, drive product adoption, retention, and growth.
- Help to hire, manage, coach, and develop a team of high-performing Customer Success Managers
- Work with customer marketing to implement and refine a strategic tech touch strategy and measuring outcomes.
- Interpret data quickly to set individual and team goals, measure success, and run your business
- Ensure that customers derive maximum, ongoing, value from their investment with Pendo
- Constantly measure, refine, and invent new methods that create a fantastic experience for our customers
- Manage customer renewals, create and manage forecasts for the team, and be responsible for cross-sell and up-sell KPIs
- Possess and continually evolve a deep understanding of how we create value for our customers at scale.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Serve as customer advocate while effectively collaborating with internal, cross-functional teams including product management, sales, marketing, and engineering
Qualifications (what you have):
- You have a minimum of 5+ years of experience managing teams in customer-facing roles such as customer success, account or technical account management at a SaaS company
- You have built a high-performing team at an early/mid-stage SaaS company
- You have demonstrated examples of implementing highly successful 1:Many strategies that create successful customers
- You have experience running a revenue-driven Customer Success organisation managing an accurate renewal and expansion forecast
- You are a strong leader with a coach mentality
- You have experience with and are exceptional at creating and implementing a customer journey
- You have years of experience managing renewal and expansion forecasts for large teams
- You enjoy traveling to see customers and developing relationships with them
- You can show a proven track record of innovation and creativity in solving company and team challenges
- You exemplify strong technical competence and passion for B2B SaaS
- You are detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities for yourself and your team
- You have product management, product influence or cross-functional product experience (preferred)
- You possess exceptional cross-organisation collaboration and communication skills
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and will thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, startup environment
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.