Pendo is looking for an intern in our Business Development department!
The Business Development department at Pendo is an exciting place! We forge and manage revenue-generating partnerships with the likes of Microsoft, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Workday and more! As a Business Development intern at Pendo, your job duties will include identifying and contacting prospective customers or partner companies, promoting the business online and via word-of-mouth, and helping to organize the go to market strategy of Pendo’s technology and alliance partners. The goal of the internship is to gain valuable work experience and skills to start your career in business development.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Prospect for new partners and expand our partner ecosystem, while developing and maintaining positive relationships with existing partners
- Analyze and leverage external and internal data to identify potential business improvements and propose business expansion areas
- Gather and analyze appropriate partner data in order to discover trends of successful partner behavior
- Provide support for partners via email and telephone
- Effectively handle and resolve partner concerns and support issues
- Communicate relevant partner complaints or inquiries
Qualifications (what you have):
- Salesforce.com CRM knowledge is a plus
- The ability to craft a forward vision, and understand what Pendo may need in the future and begin to lay the groundwork for the future vision now
- Can evaluate data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement
- Curiosity to explore new ideas in order to develop your capabilities
- Can work autonomously and implement plans
- Reactive and proactive skills
- Good work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; able to work with a multiple departments in a fast paced sales environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Data analysis skills
- A learning attitude
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.