Pendo's mission is to enable others to create software their users will love. We need forward-thinking, constantly curious, and engaged engineers to fulfil this mission. We strive to create an environment filled with challenges and supported by mentorship. As a software engineer at Pendo, you will have the opportunity to join one of our development teams building features that ship regularly to Pendo's ever-growing customer base. Whether you prefer to solve problems on the front end or back end of our code, your skills will be utilised, challenged, and developed on a daily basis. We don't put ceilings on growth here at Pendo; we encourage our engineers to take risks, think outside the box, and innovate - billions of software experiences depend on it!
This role is in our Sheffield, UK office. We are looking for someone to come and help us build great SaaS software in a fast-paced, fun, startup environment.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- As a Software Engineer at Pendo, you’ll be part of a strong team, designing and building scalable, flexible software and writing maintainable, secure code.
- You’ll have an impact within your team and you’ll help improve your team’s output with code review and day-to-day engineering discussions, helping your team to overcome challenges.
- You’ll help to scope and estimate your team’s projects, you’ll help to break down your team’s problems into achievable tasks, and you’ll own significant parts of a project, whilst coordinating with your teammates and manager
- You’ll help your team to constantly improve and learn - by helping to identify problems and solving them constructively.
- You’ll be collaborating with our teams in Sheffield, and with our colleagues in Pendo’s other engineering locations in the USA and Israel.
- You’ll have a focus on high-quality, test-driven development and you’ll help with automation of testing too.
- You’ll contribute to the agile/scrum planning process within your team.
Qualifications (what you have):
- Applicants should have extensive experience in building large web applications in a modern language such as Go, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- A working knowledge of cloud environments such as AWS or GCP is a bonus.
- A working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases would be a bonus
Experience developing and deploying in a Unix/Linux environment is a bonus
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital, and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Private Medical and Dental Benefits
- Generous Pension plan
- Bonus scheme
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and a fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies, and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.