To support growth in the APAC region, we are looking for a talented tech marketing manager to lead our marketing in Japan.Reporting to the Japan Country Manager, you will be responsible for creating and executing country campaigns focused on brand building, lead generation, partner/channel marketing and ultimately customer expansion. This is a highly collaborative role, suited to a creative and results-driven individual. You will develop and execute marketing initiatives designed specifically for Japan and adapt global campaigns by partnering with the global marketing team.
The role will require you to partner closely with leadership, sales, global marketing, other APAC regions and industry partners to deliver marketing goals. You'll ensure that all marketing campaigns are deployed effectively in the region, work with sales on activities to accelerate existing opportunities, and develop customer advocacy and upsell/cross-sell campaigns.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced B2B tech marketer, with a strong understanding of the Japanese market, who is looking to hone and expand their skills at a hyper-growth, global unicorn SaaS business. We strongly encourage applications from all genders, ethnicities and minority groups.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Manage the regional marketing budget, maintaining accurate forecasting and ROI achievement
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing activity in relation to campaign goals and the overall ‘lead to revenue’ scorecard
- Monitor lead progression to pipeline and prepare monthly insights for discussion
- Proactively provide strategic recommendations for plan adjustments required to meet goalsPreparing budget recommendations as part of the fiscal planning process
Brand & demand campaign management
- Design and drive campaigns, events, webinars and partner marketing programs for Japan
- Develop and execute tactical lead generation and pipeline optimisation initiatives to meet quarterly objectives
- Define and managing customer advocacy initiatives
- Work closely with the global team to input regional insight into global marketing strategies and deliver product launches and programmes in region
- Work closely with external agencies to develop the brand and PR strategy and execute press and media relations campaigns
- Partner closely with the Digital Marketing team to ensure effective integration of advertising into ongoing campaigns
Content strategy & creation
- Champion the content plan for the Japanese website working closely with the content and online development team
- Produce marketing copy to support campaign execution across a range of channels
- Partner with the global content team to localise and maximise newly developed content as well as manage the creation of specific regional assets
- Create and execute partnership marketing campaigns with technology partners, systems integrates and media partners
- Work closely with the US partner marketing manager to ensure relevant content for regional use
Monitoring & reporting
Qualifications (what you have):
- 5+ years technology marketing background
- Experience within a global B2B SaaS marketing team, ideally for a US-HQ company
- Fluent in English and Japanese - written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven experience in integrated marketing - inbound, event management, content, social strategy (organic & paid) and digital marketing
- Excellent communication and project management skills to ensure campaign success
- Ability to work in a collaborative, international team structure
- Proficiency in SFDC and Marketo
- Experience of effective partnering with sales
- Creative yet pragmatic
- Proactive self-starter
- Open-minded and curious
- Detail and results-driven
- Strong communicator and influencer
- Collaborative, team player
- Problem Solving / can-do mentality
- Growth mindset
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.